Thursday, April 05, 2007

We're going now

We're going now,
he said to me,
the spirit in my dreams.
We're going now, aren't you ready yet?
Impatient little man.

He whisked me away
carried me as if by magic,
or by dreams.
We're going now,
but which way?

We left myself at home
behind, instead choosing
to take flight
out of the window
in the middle of the night.

I felt the rush of air
against my cheek,
my legs dangled
but I did not fall
to the ground.

I begged him to tell me
where we were going
and what we were going to see.
But we're going now,
was all he said to me.

We landed over water,
somehow, on some lake,
and stayed there watching
sunrise until it was too late.
I saw the sun begin to peek

and then he pulled me home.
And when I awoke
inside my bed
I knew then what he had known.
We're going now, I whispered

and suddenly it was so.
I was gone
and back again.
Suddenly too much to take,
I shut my eyes again.

No comments: