Monday, May 12, 2008

Lighting.




Spring is ushering in summer, hot and cloudy, full of temper at being roused so early. The storms will cease eventually, but for now, the colors of the afternoons are the colors that people only dream of seeing.
Purples, golds, greens echo through the line of sight, and the browns sink into the dark clouds, strange lighting finding peace in the twilight.
I've been struggling to get ahold of my emotions lately, time is just speeding right on by. I feel like I just moved home a month ago, and here it is, May.
Danny coming back has been difficult. We're trying to be friends, but the whole love thing is getting in the way. He doesn't understand why I don't love him anymore, and I can't explain that I just fell out of love the way that I was in love with him. There's a friend-love there, but not a love-love, and that distinction is hard to make.
The excitement of being in Chicago has worn off, but I never realized how much I missed it until I went back. Now, my sole focus is the end of the summer and getting there. Getting there. Back to Chicago, land of cold winds and cold hearts, Loyola, and free-flowing liquid delight. Let's go. Let's go. I can't wait. I don't know why. It'll be a fresh start. Hopefully.
And then I'll be able to get on with my life and feel alright again.

No comments: