Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rainy Saturday


It's been raining here for two days now. It's endless, falling water, cold and green. It puddles in the streets, dripping, dropping, pooling. The cars are soaked, window wipers and lights trailing up the streets.
I've been busy, staying very busy, but somehow, I feel as though nothing is getting done. Everything that has been happening is confusing and wonderful and brings me an idea of how very much alive I am. I live for the moment, nothing more, letting life find me and take me wherever it pleases.
However, I am coming home next weekend, a brief sojourn from the fast-paced life I have created. I sleep very little now, I drink coffee in the mornings, tea at night. My life has become a tangled mess of lovely friendships, book, notes, sleep, work, the constant race to get to class and to get home, to take in everything, every experience that I can.
I tried out for the Loyola Mock Trial team and got a spot! There will be traveling involved, and lawyer-esque dialogue and a lot of hard work, but I do believe that this is a good thing for me.
I love my film class. The teacher is so hilarious and so involved and so very interested in the films and in his job. I love attending that class.
I still hate ballet, but am determined not to let it get the best of me.
I've been babysitting; I enjoy the two families that I've met.

I hope all is well in beautiful Denver!

No comments: