Thursday, July 23, 2009

July in Pictures



This is the new system of parking here in Chicago. Major Daley sold our parking meters (all of them) for $99 million dollars for some insane amount of time. Thus, we get these. You can use your credit/debit card, so that's nice, but

Buckingham Fountain. I'd actually never been to it until a few weeks ago.
Flowers. Out of focus.

My favorite
The city of Chicago as seen from Buckingham Fountain (I'm facing west)

The fountain. The fountain pictures didn't turn out as well as I would have liked. Dusk was coming, lighting was moderately mediocre and my battery was dying.

Bird.



My favorite Metra stop in Chicago. Metra are the trains that go to the suburbs.

This fountain is constantly changing faces. When they were building it, they got a bunch of pictures of Chicagoland people and put them up.


The state of Illinois in sidewalk ark. Yes, the Cardinal is the state bird.

The bean! The bean!
Me.
i love this

Tall building.

1 comment:

aka Caitlin said...

Hi! I'm Katie Barry too, and I'm from the Chicago suburbs. Stumbled upon your site (fine, I was searching for other Katie Barrys) and I love your pictures! Made me feel like I was back home. Feel free to follow my blog... see if there are any uncanny similarities! :)