Thursday, December 17, 2009

Being home is beautiful.
There's nothing quite like it.

Today, Madeline and I went back to Mullen to see all of the teachers.
It was strange. My name is on a banner for people who have received a 5 on the AP tests; it says "Katherine M. Barry - English Language." Impressive, not really, but exciting, yes.

Mr. Hilbert keeps a database of all of his former students. He had to go back and search for me, but he remembered that he'd taught my brother and that my dad had often been in to ask about him. Wonderful. Great. Not remembered for my own achievements but for my father's annoyance.
He updated his little database after telling me that the last time he saw me was in May of 2006. His room hasn't changed. Words are painted on the walls and his collection of books remains. The file folders live on wire shelves against the back wall.

....
too tired. Getting sick.

No comments: