Monday, March 15, 2010

Seven weeks to graduation

Made it home safely. The flight was relatively uneventful. TSA gave me no problems trying to get the printer through security; they didn't even make me open the box.
The people next to me were Debbie-Downers the whole time - frustrated about having to gate check their bags, trying to get free tv out of it; frustrated that we left half an hour late; frustrated, blah blah. I did my usual: pull out my sweatshirt, throw it on the tray, put my face in it, sleep.
Of course, my eyelashes are a mess after this sort of nap and any attempts to rectify my appearance as the flight draws to a close are usually thwarted by my inability to conquer the strange curls and bends that have occurred.
Maddie came to pick me up in Simon and we went to have him washed (he hasn't had a wash since June 2009 and sorely needed one). While we were there, I asked the towel dryer if he could get the spray paint off. He produced a razor and began scraping. I am now 95% spray paint free. The one place he couldn't get was the place where the doors close together, since that part isn't glass.
I gave him $8.
Cat was thrilled to see me. We snuggled all night, took a good catnap this afternoon. He loves it when I hold his back feet while we're sleeping, so I did. I was trying to type an assignment this evening and he kept climbing all over me and stepping on my computer and rubbing against me. I was so happy to see him. He loves the new toy that we got from Jeanie.
Katie's in town tonight. Of course, I do not need to be going out. I should be at home catching up on my assignments. But I'm going out.
We're staying downtown, right by the river, across from the bar where Maddie and I infamously rapped Jay-Z's "99 Problems" at karaoke one night. This will be exciting.
Tomorrow night, Wednesday afternoon and Thursday afternoon: babysitting. Three different days, three different families, lots of cash for Boston.
Paper due Thursday.
Someone ate my chicken nuggets while I was gone. I know this because the bag was unzipped. Annoyed.
Maddie and I have decided to get in shape now that we are both single and ready to embrace the world. I'll be interested to see how it goes. I'm excited to craft my adult self and believe that a good regimen will do me good.

Wish me luck tomorrow. It's going to be a LONG day.
This week looks stressful, but I'm alright with it. I'm worried about that paper, discussing Herculine Barbin and Hemingway's Garden of Eden. Hopefully discussing it intellectually, desperate for an A. (Not desperate, but wouldn't it be nice?)


These are advanced reporting notes. I'm multitasking, as usual:
1. Noodling Around
-history
-scopre
-reasons ---follow the money
-impacts
-countermoves
-futures
2. Setting Priorities
3. Reporting
-WiseMen (or women)
-PaperMen
-Rabbi (always knows somebody) --Catholic priests?


1. Immerse
2. Surface and Assess
3. Story Map
4. Reporting at Ground Level
5. Writing
6. Filling gaps

No comments: