Thursday, December 16, 2010

December Rundown - Employment Update

When I'm looking through my blog posts, I find that I rarely have large gaps of time when I don't have much to say, but even so, I can always tell when I'm simply writing to fill space and time, as if I feel obligated to write but have nothing to say.

This is one of those times.

I'm alone, I'm broke, I live at my mom's house, and I'm currently ten pounds above what I normally weigh. But I'm absolutely content. I'm so alright with everything that's going on at the moment. I'm positive, optimistic, radiant with promise.

It's strange and yet not unwelcome.

I've got a job, sort of. I'll be starting after the first of the year and I'll be doing cold calling and quality control for a software company that does law software.
It's $10 per hour and 40 hours per week, which is fine with me considering I'm currently making $0 per hour all hours of the week.

I've applied at Verizon.
I've applied at MSCD (UCD was going to be too much of a hassle - something about restrictions for non-degree students, etc.) to just take random math and business classes to see if that's what I really want to do with my life.
I have a brand new (gorgeous) resume.


By the way, I adore you.
Just so you know.

No comments: