Monday, October 03, 2011

On Collecting Thoughts

...this is a post full of random thoughts. Nothing cohesive and certainly no structure. non-apologies, in advance.

Driving home last night, I saw the leaves strewn about on the road and I realized that it's really fall. Apparently, the massive amounts of pumpkin spice lattes I've been consuming have done nothing to drive that home.

That said, I have no idea what I'm going to be for Halloween and I'm started to stress about it. I was Snow White for three of the past four years, which worked out really well. I missed last year, which was a relief creatively and a major bummer in all other ways.

Any thoughts?


It's like that scene from the movie Mean Girls where she shows up at the party dressed in costume, and all the other girls are wearing lingerie and ears.

(linked here - not the best, but whatever. I'm at work, trying to shove ravioli down my throat and type at the same time.)


I want something with a lot of fake blood, or something funny, or something super clever. My friend E has some pants that are her "smarty-pants"...she painstakingly glued packages of Smarties candy all over them. That's cute. I don't want to do that, though.

I don't want to be anything slutty...like a slutty cop. I've never understood that. Besides, furry handcuffs are lame. But then again, I could be Lieutenant Dangle from Reno! 911. That's slutty and a cop. But not in the way you'd expect.

I was 0 for 2 at going out this weekend, so perhaps that's why the party itch is so strong for a Monday. Friday and Saturday were both "let's drunk dial Katie and tell her how much fun we're having and invite her out at ridiculous hours" nights. Boo. Responsibility is so overrated.

Long bike ride with Mike on Friday evening. My Camelbak started leaking down my back nearly immediately after we left the house, and by 7th Avenue, it was dripping down my legs when I stood up. Thankfully, it was a warm night, but it made for a very uncomfortable ride. I hope the weather holds long enough that we'll be able to do a few more of those before it gets too cold.

On the plus side, I did a ton of laundry and cleaning this weekend. My closet is actually being used as a closet. I just don't get why people hang clothes up. But I'm doing it. We'll see how long this lasts.

I was out having dinner on Broadway with R the other night, and he asked me if I'd ever gotten my second bookshelf put together (he built the first one for me back in February - I'd like to interject that I was in the middle of doing it myself, but he interrupted and finished it. I can dig that kind of masculine projection. It saves me some work). I looked back at him and smiled, "I've been meaning to call you about that." He laughed at me. You'll notice he didn't build it for me, though. So that's my goal  for tonight. Consider my handyman independence fostered.

Btw, 8tracks.com is my saving grace at work. And so is this mix: 

Love to all, and Happy Monday!



No comments: