Tuesday, January 24, 2012

On Tuesday

There are those moments when everything is sailing along and then all of sudden, it's like the entire world begins to crumble, just enough to knock you off balance but not enough to really count as a legitimate disaster.

That's where we're at right now.

Work is the busiest that it's ever been. I've got pressing projects and deadlines looming over my shoulders, and simply not enough time to get anything and everything done.

Life is the same. I'm struggling to find the contentment that settled over everything at the beginning of the year. I want to re-engage it and channel my nervous energy into something productive, but I'm currently unable to get a handle on anything. And so I'm panicky, anxious, stressed, and edgy. I'm quite a joy to be around these days.

I'm hoping that a good dose of trivia tonight and some serious Jacob time tomorrow evening will produce a semblance of calm that will propel me through the week.

No comments: