Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Weekend

As darkness crept toward morning, he asked me what my favorite band was. I smiled, and told him Smashing Pumpkins, and the sound echoed around the quiet room.
I woke up with the impression of my necklace on my arm and the sunlight pounding through the curtains. I turned around, finding the clock on the windowsill, and realized that I hadn't been asleep for nearly long enough.
She came to visit me from Indiana. We had lunch, watched movies, and took a nap before running all over the city once again. She left the next morning, I took her down to the Blue line and to the bus station. Once she was safely gone, I crawled home again.
The wind has been bitter here lately. It's been snowing off and on for a few days now, and it's getting more and more uncomfortable to leave the building. The grocery store calls, though.
I am still tired.

No comments: