Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Reflections

If only.....

....a million different things.


Sometimes what is right and what we want are two separate things, and I believe that to define maturity might be defining the ability to understand and separate the two separate things.

And if not that, then what?
Is it all worth it in the end?
What if we aren't supposed to pretend, and instead we're supposed to tell the truth and go with what could be?

Ha, not at all. We can't be.

But what is now is now and perhaps won't ever shall be, but with life stretching seemingly long before me, I'm off to explore the great unknowns of heart, and mind, and soul. And I'll come back complete and satisfied, a trail of lost and longing loves behind me, although I'll be buoyed by my expanses of knowledge and experiences and the depths of my own emotions. I will have loved deeply and lost immensely, gained more than that and fallen deeply into fits of both melancholy and exuberance.

I will have lived.

I will have conquered the unconquerable, my own heart, and mind, and soul.  And then all will be well.

And whoever stands at the end of that contentment shall have me in all of my unconquerable glory.

No comments: