Tuesday, November 01, 2011

On Jumbled Thoughts and Butterflies

"May today there be peace within.
May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others.
May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content with yourself just the way you are.
Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of us."

-From an email sent by Aunt S. 

I know it's a lame forward, but I don't think anybody can surround themselves with too much good. So, there you go, some good for the day. 

I'm not going to lie, I've been way too happy to even think about blogging anything. 
Literally. It's like when things are going really well, I can't write. My fingers stop working. 

Saturday: I had one of those really perfect, rare evenings where you stay up all night talking about everything. I got like two hours of sleep, but it was so worth it. I'm getting butterflies for the first time in a long time. 

Halloween was a massive success. Between a house party, a bar adventure, and a laid back cider-y evening, I managed to enjoy myself immensely. 

Last night, J hung up the phone and then looked at me. "Do you talk really fast?" he asked, but before I had time to react, he said, "Never mind. You talk a lot, but you don't talk fast." 
It's sad but true.
We had a wonderful evening. I had wanted to sit on the porch drinking cider and pass out candy to trick-or-treaters, however, there were none. So instead, K came over to join J and Mike and me for dinner. We had Thai (thank god I didn't have to cook) and I made really good spiked cider and cookies. Between that and football, I think we were set. 

Seriously. I have nothing to say. This is so lame. I keep smiling. It's weird. 
I'm going to the library to see about getting a library card. That should at least be a good story. 


No comments: