Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Well, here goes...



This is the condensed version of the conversation.
We'd been up editing my poverty video for four hours. He likes to edit, so it didn't bother him, but we'd seen the same half an hour of footage over and over. We'd been cutting, erasing, rearranging for what seemed like forever. We had just called it a night; it was 3:30am.
"Hey, I want to talk to you about something."
I was worried.
"Sure, what's up?" I said. My heart started beating a little faster.
"I really like you," he said.
Oh god, I thought, here it comes. He's going to tell me that he doesn't see me that way. My heart was pounding.
He paused.
"I'm not seeing anyone else," he said. "We've had a great few weeks. I was wondering, would you like to make it official?"
I said yes, but my heart didn't stop pounding for awhile after that and the smile still wasn't gone when I woke up this morning.


On a political note, look at this video about voting. It's satirizing the talks that parents always give their teenagers about drugs and drinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxvHkFLmqRk&eurl=http://www.wwtdd.com/


And look at this one too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn55ZdmBPJ4&feature=user


Also, I made great strides in ballet today. We have to do journals every now and then, and I had like five minutes before I went to class so I just hurriedly typed out a page in stream of consciousness about what goes through my mind during a ballet routine. She LOVED it. She said it was creative and insightful.
All right!

No comments: