Thursday, October 16, 2008

Poverty Presentation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r10wx434IA4

Above is the link to a short movie that Hunter helped me make for my Women, Crime and Justice class. I did all of the filming and while he did the editing, I told him how I wanted it to be cut and we worked together on how to put all of it together.
It's interviews that I did with people in downtown Chicago about their perceptions of poverty and also interviews with homeless and the less fortunate.
It's about ten minutes long, but it's very informative and I like it.


Also, I got my absentee ballot and I am stoked to vote.



On another note,
I get to keep him! I'm excited. It's still sinking in.

"First Day Of My Life"


This is the first day of my life


I swear I was born right in the doorway


I went out in the rain suddenly everything changed


They're spreading blankets on the beach


Yours is the first face that I saw


I think I was blind before I met you


Now I don’t know where I am


I don’t know where I’ve been


But I know where I want to go


And so I thought I’d let you know


That these things take forever


I especially am slow


But I realize that I need you


And I wondered if I could come home


Remember the time you drove all night


Just to meet me in the morning


And I thought it was strange you said everything changed


You felt as if you'd just woke up


And you said “this is the first day of my life


I’m glad I didn’t die before I met you


But now I don’t care I could go anywhere with you


And I’d probably be happy”


So if you want to be with me


With these things there’s no telling


We just have to wait and see


But I’d rather be working for a paycheck


Than waiting to win the lottery


Besides maybe this time is different


I mean I really think you like me

-Bright Eyes

No comments: